Pinellas County Animal Services News
It has come to our attention over the last few months that citizens in Pinellas County are unsure of what to do when they find a pet. Some of our processes have changed but many remain the same. Please share this information with your clients as a means of increasing lost pet reunification.
Please make a reasonable attempt to locate the animal’s owner.
Safely confine pet.
- If Pet is wearing a tag (do not remove from pet) – Get the tag id number and call phone number provided on tag for owner’s information.
- If tag is not found, make sure you drive around the neighborhood. Look for any ‘Lost Flyers’ and talk to neighbors to see if anyone is missing their pet.
- Go to a local Vet or Shelter and have pet scanned for Microchip if possible.
- If pet has a chip and you decide to keep until you find owner:
- Call the corresponding chip company and report the animal found.
- Call Animal Services and put in a Found Report (reports stay on file 30 days and then ownership change).
If citizen finds animal and decides to not keep, call Animal Services at 727-582-2600 option 4 for pickup or bring the pet to the shelter at 12450 Ulmerton Road, Largo 33774 on Monday through Friday from 9-6pm or on Saturday from 9-1pm.
Bureau Director – Pinellas County Animal Services
12450 Ulmerton Road, Largo, FL 33774
Any practices in Pinellas County that have a confirmed case of canine influenza, please notify Animal Services!
Linda L. Boger
(727) 582-2559 – Fax